It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:46 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Buldozer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:23 pm 

Hello i hope this forum is still active im thinking of building my own 323f ba the car looks insane special the front <33 :)) anyways... back to the topic

ive found Mazda Xedos 9 168 hp one... for like 500$.... (full car) had belt changed,had small service
a ok shape 323f ba costs around 400-600 also.

so it looks quite cheap to build one

but i ask if its easy swap? since i havent done swap yet. i would get few boys helping but im asking is it alot to be done if so what.. also what else it would be smart to invest in...? so i can calculate the costs if its worth it i dont wanna go over 1.5$ tbh... ;)

let me know thank you:)

hopefully another 323 ba restored to its glory! :)

brucey76
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:35 pm 

you've found a xedos 9? where? they are very rare now. I'm guessing you're wanting to do the engine swap 2.0 to 2.5. 1st of all you'll need the v6 version BA and basically remove one lump and replace it with the other. i'll include a link that I followed when I did my ze swap. However, having the xedos 9 as the donor gives you the opportunity to a little more than a lump swap and get a lot more out of it. You see the BA zxi doesn't use a knock sensor, or a free flowing maf, separate air temp sensor. all of those things would add a few extra ponies. Plus the xedos ecu can run boost upto 7psi because it makes its own maps upto redline rather than preloaded maps. A full ecu, harness and sensor swap, is a big task but much easier when lumps are out. Unfortunately I was having to daily my xedos while i transplanted my kl-ze so never got the opportunity to swap the ecu and harness in but now I've got my RX8 its a must to get full power. Some probes and mx6's in the USA have had a conversion done to run the "millenia ecu" (xedos 9 europe) and are running 220+ NA and 400+FI. you will find the engine swap itself not so bad, I did mine myself following the guide and swapped it in 2 days. Just make sure to torque and double check everything. My mistake was mixing the fuel line and return, took me a week of going through every nut and bolt and sensor to realise what I had done wrong but When it fired up and shook the garage it just made my grin bigger lol

brucey76
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:35 pm 

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthr ... -NICE-INFO

Hellracer
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:46 pm 

you can not use the gearbox of the Xedos9 it wont fit.
i have all the info, but i'm a huge fan of the xedos9 so i wont let you take it apart by giving the ansers :badgrin:

i have done many engine swaps the KL serie engines will fit if you find the 2.0 ZXi parts (gearbox, subframes, axles etc )

Buldozer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:28 pm 

k i was sick and wasnt on computer for ages... sry for not answering.. sadly the car got sold.. i found another xedos 9 180hp one... dont know much about it doesnt say much looks ok i have to call if its working.. it has insane amount of kms done though.. over 300..

i would use base car
Mazda 323 F 1.5i and engine swap and what ever it can be done from this 1 as i said have never done swapping but i realy wanna make mazda 323 a beast as it looks like one... i would probably even took seats if they would fit.. they look leather and good condition else i would just "race" look strip it not sure.. but how much you guys think i would actually need to spend to make that done? if i buy this 2 cars.. what is left to be bought (approx price..) so i dont start project that i wont finish.

since im quite new into swapping and so on how i could get 20 more hp? what would i need to get.. (so i get 200 out of it)...(and approx prices.. estimate 100 up or down i just want estimation hah.. i hope you dont mind answer.. i bet most of you know those numbers since you"v done many/or a build yourself