It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:42 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

victor clarke
 Post subject: Brake seizure problem
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:04 am 

Hi
I have a Mazda323 with an intermitant brake seizure problem. Have replaced the rear shoes and front pads and brake lines and tried disconnecting the survo. Initially the problem started with binding of the brakes which would then clear after a few minutes. The problem became worse and would come to complete stop, the brake pedal would be solid, after about 30 minutes the brakes release but re occur when the brakes were used, it as is a non return valve was operating and not allowing the brake to release. The problem seemed to go away and normal and hard driving with use of the brakes would be OK for a few days and then the problem would re-occur. There is no directional pull when this occurs and it is not the handbrake which works normally, have checked the pistons on the front brakes and there appears no serious corrosion. The brake fluid has been replaced and bleeding. Incidently the ABS has not worked for about 3 years but this is another problem. Could it be a fault in the master cylinder or the servo. Has anyone had a similar problem and found a solution
Many thanks

andym323
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:21 pm 
Club Secretary Offline

My Car: Meanie

Have you had the calipers apart and cleaned and regreased the sliders chap?

Mazda calipers in general are renouned for seizing up, even if the car has been stored in a nice warm cleanish workshop and has not seen a spot of rain for years!

If I were you, I would buy a caliper rebuild kit that comes with all the seals and sliders you need, strip and rebuild the calipers and the drums, and lubricate the sliders and all the usual bits that need lube with SILICON PASTE! Do not use normal grease as it attracts dirt like its going out of fashion!!!!!

Also, if its a 1.5 you have and if you can find any swap the front hubs and calipers for 1.8 versions, best decision I ever made for my 1.5 :thumbleft:

May all your F'ing dreams come true! (lottery won and a miracle wouldn't go amiss!!!)

I got hooooooles, they're multiplying :(

And nice shiny new V6 to play with

sneakz
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:41 pm 
Gold Member Offline

My Car: Mazda 323F

Checked the Handbrake cable?

I replaced a caliper and pads only to find the brake still sticking. Turned out to be the Handbrake cable was stuck on one side.