It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:07 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Phil H
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:32 pm 

Phil H wrote:
jinglebells wrote:
Hi Phil,

Just thinking still that the fault may have been a temporary one and gone, so have you tried the other 2 methods of clearing the codes, i.e.:-

(1) Disconnect the battery for 30 minutes and re-connect.
or
(2) Do 3 start / stop cycles, i.e. start car, drive it up to 20 mph, stop and remove key, repeat twice, then when you start the 4th time the system should reset the ABS light if there have been no faults generated in those 3 cycles.

Thanks, will try that.

Tried battery off for 30+ minutes and still no joy, but worth a try. Ran out of time to try stop start.

Phil H
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:50 pm 

Phil H wrote:
jinglebells wrote:
Hi Phil,

Just thinking still that the fault may have been a temporary one and gone, so have you tried the other 2 methods of clearing the codes, i.e.:-

(1) Disconnect the battery for 30 minutes and re-connect.
or
(2) Do 3 start / stop cycles, i.e. start car, drive it up to 20 mph, stop and remove key, repeat twice, then when you start the 4th time the system should reset the ABS light if there have been no faults generated in those 3 cycles.

Thanks, will try that.

Tried these two without success, so purchased an adaptor lead from the Mazda diagnostics to OBD2 so that I could put my code reader on it.

Well as soon as you as you plug it in the scanner/code reader should switch on, but unfortunately it does not, so think I have gone as far as I can and it will end up going to Mazda to be read on there diagnostics. If in the end it is anything other than a wheel sensor and is not worth repairing then that will be the end of it and it can go.

jinglebells
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:50 pm 

Phil H wrote:
Well as soon as you as you plug it in the scanner/code reader should switch on, but unfortunately it does not, so think I have gone as far as I can and it will end up going to Mazda to be read on there diagnostics. If in the end it is anything other than a wheel sensor and is not worth repairing then that will be the end of it and it can go.

Must admit I'm stumped mow, those things you've tried usually sort it. So I rather suspect that Patrick is right with his post of a while back, and there must be something deeper going on.

The central ABS bits tend to be more expensive, as you have indicated, but you may be able to get one from a scrappies.

Phil H
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:50 pm 

Given up now, looks like it needs the ABS pump, so cant be bothered to devote any more time and money at it. Have now bought another car now and will sell the 323 as spares or repairs, shame really as it is still a good car apart from the ABS. Thanks for all the help and advice anyway.