It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:17 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Shampoo
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:54 pm 

Currently looking to drop the girl about 40mm, and have come across plenty of sets on eBay that will do just that. Sadly the price seems to be a bit higher than what I recall springs costing, but sure: inflation, Brexit, wheat prices, etc.

My query is however I've found two sets by the same manufacturer that proportedly will fit the 1.5 97 BA, but one costs £4 cheaper and is billed as a 97-98 set; this is odd, as Ive been working under the assumption that the model range is typically 94-98.

The '97-98' set at £118.99

vs

The '94-98' set at £122.99

Im not fussed about a four quid difference, but dont want to buy one set to find out that, no, I had to get the other for whatever reason.

Does anyone have any advice/thoughts on this please, or know of better priced springs?

maZZda
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:58 pm 

94-98 models have no difference in the suspension so there is no problem for you to choose either one of those sets..
I've worked on 95,97,98 year 323Fs and all is the same..(like dimentions and such) i don't know why there is separation(maybe because Ford) :roll:

Edit:
just found in Bulgarian Mazda club a member who sels his H&R springs for 60bgn LOL..
http://forum.mazdabg.com/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=46575 :drunken:

pitrack_1
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:40 pm 

Hi,

just speaking from the Australian point-of-view, but may be worth considering that it's possible you're looking at differing spring rates/designs.

During the '94-'98 period 3 different body styles were sold in Oz: The Protege (BH) and the Astina (BA hatch) and Hardtop (BA). The BH came with a 1.8 (which I think was different to the BA), the BA came with either a 1.8 4-cyl or 2l 6-cyl in either hatch or 'hardtop' (low profile sedan).

Importantly, all three came with different suspension tunes. Ignoring the BH, in particular the 2l hardtop was apparently set up more sportingly/firmly than the 1.8 hatch. There may even have been another suspension tune difference between the 1.8 hatch & 2l hatch.

Complicating things too is the Ford takeover and perhaps spec differences for the (97-98) update. There are certainly differences pre- and post- Ford for things like headlights, fog lights and wing mirrors.

Patrick

maZZda
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:49 pm 

Different types for BAs, no.All springs are with same dimentions..
Different rates for BAs, yes.Between V6 and 1.8/1.5 there is, because of the different weight infront, rear ones are with rather similar rates because the weight out back is almoust the same..
8)