It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 4:03 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules - Please read!

Remember to start your thread with the model of the car (BG, BA, BJ etc)

Explained in detail here

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
maZZda
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:00 pm 

The whole idea was to create my own exhaust system.I thought about that it will be a little gain.All car exhaust systems are restrictive, everything after the exhaust ports of the head only restricts hot gasses from leaving the cylinder chamber completely and with high velocity.The modern cars are made to work with exhaust system under bigger pressure than ambient(back pressure) so the stock O2 sensors can read adequately gasses.That may be nothing like restriction in low rpms, but sure is big restriction in high rpms.Small pipe internal diameter is also restrictive for higher rpms.A given engine burns X quantity of air/fuel mixture and produce an X quantity of exhaust gasses at given rpms.Those gasses have to be discarded fast without losses.Given the cars are for road use there's no need for chasing higher rpms exhaust efficiency, but maybe lower rpms to mid rpms.(where most road legal cars have their power)
That way the car manufacturers cripple the engines for fuel economy, ecological restrictions and other needs..
They take from top end power and put it down in lower rpms, and they extra cripple cars with silencer,resonance chambers,catalitic converters,DPF-s, and alot of other solutions for lowering the sound and emissions of the exhaust gasses exiting the engine.
I made straight pipe(only resonance chamber silencer in it) for more top end power, if i leave it open in lower rpms i lose torque.That's why i will opened it in mid to high rpms only.

The silver F had the same "Lantis" sticker on both wings below the side repeaters.The letters "L" and "S" where half peeled on both sides, and i decided to remove them.There goes the name "Anti".. :D
Cheers!

maZZda
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:02 pm 

De-modded Anti this evening, i removed the second fuel pump. :lol:
I hope it stops the hiccups now. :shock:

Edit: Going out for a drive.. :D

2-nd edit: the problem persist.. :(

maZZda
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 11:45 am 

Hi people, today(after alot of messing arround the car) i found out that TPS was with incorrect position and i put it whre it needs to be.I have wasted my "work time"as my wife said and i couldn't dothe job to the end, but hey the hiccups stoped.Wich is good,IT'S GOOOOOD!(as Jim Carrey says :D )
Now i need to play a bit with air and fuel to make the best performace there is. :)
Soon other mods.Stay tuned! 8)

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMuoFEi42oE

maZZda
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 8:59 pm 

De-moded the car again, now the front number plate holder is off.Well, I was kindly advised by the police to remove it.. :lol:
Great guys, by the way. :)
The car still gets the usual hiccups.. i've already used to them.. :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11