It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:53 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

SerenaJ
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:04 pm 
Gold Member Offline

My Car: BA '97 GXi, BA '98 ZXi

I need a photo of a V6 rad, out of the car, so I can show it to a rad supplier/manufacturer. I can't find a photo on the web, anyone got one knocking around on their hard drive?

It doesn't matter how old the photo, or what condition the rad is in, as long as it clearly shows the back side of the rad with the hose connecting points as per V6. The EPC diagrams aren't clear enough about the precise differences.

I won't use anything from a parts website, they all use pictures/schematics of 1.5/1.8 rads which obviously don't fit despite said websites insisting that they're correct :roll:

I need a photo that's 100% V6 so I can show said supplier they neither they nor their database know what the hell they're talking about!

I do know the part number for the correct rad - KF4015200 - but nothing's coming up online for me at the moment. If you're non-UK but V6 rads are easy to come by in your part of the planet, please give me details of some suppliers, as I'll have to look abroad for one if UK doesn't come good :?

Thanks -

S

"She'll hold together. (Please baby, hold together)"

'Sundance' maintenance thread here (BA 1.5 GXi) - Proudly un-lowered!
'Butch' maintenance thread here (BA 2.0 V6 ZXi SE) - Now with power steering. Oooooh.

maZZda
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:52 pm 

This one?
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Radiator-Ma ... 0897721406

here is some dimentions:

http://radiatordirect.com.au/image/cach ... 00x500.jpg

http://img.weiku.com/a/005/421/aluminum ... 9361_1.jpg

SerenaJ
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:08 am 
Gold Member Offline

maZZda wrote:

Ah, you're a star, that all looks promising! Thank you :thumbleft:

Not sure what the brass bits are for though ... they don't look familiar. Anyone?

S

'Butch' maintenance thread here (BA 2.0 V6 ZXi SE) - Now with power steering. Oooooh.

maZZda
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:36 am 

SerenaJ wrote:
Not sure what the brass bits are for though ... they don't look familiar. Anyone?
S

Me neither, i was hoping you(as a V6 owner)to tell us.
It's additional cirquit maybe for warmer or something.. guesses..

pitrack_1
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:46 pm 

I wonder if they could be a transmission cooler attachment for e.g. an auto and/or tow pack. The radiator may fit multiple vehicles so it could possibly be for another vehicle. If you don't require them you'll probably need blanking plugs.

Note that radiator listing is in Australia! Even if they do ship the postage could be prohibitive...also note it fits the 2.0l and 2.0 24V for 1994-1998. I'm not sure what the 2.0l (non-24V) is as I think everything else 323 in Oz was either 1.6 or 1.8l of various types, the only 2.0l was the 2.0l 24V v6. See the 323 wikipedia page. And that's not only going from wikipedia, that's going from memory of the market at the time.

The only guess I could make is that there were two slightly different engine variants and therefore outputs for the auto and manual models- this is known to happen sometimes and can be caused by exhaust routing, transmission limitations, emission controls, etc. Or, just possibly/perhaps, a NZ model/ grey-market model not listed/known by me.

As an aside and I'm not sure why but Aussies seem to be large contributors to wikipedia. For car models sold in but not necessarily limited to Oz the wikipedia car pages are very often populated with Australian models, pictures or data.

Patrick

brucey76
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:56 pm 

pitrack is correct, the rad is for an auto, the brass connections connect to the auto gearbox for cooling the gearbox oil.

brucey76
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:16 pm 

I have a v6 manual rad that had a slight leak that i was going to get re-cored. If you need any dimensions, I'll see what I can do. Its been gathering moss for a while now

brucey76
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:26 pm 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAZDA-323-F- ... 2861109765

not oem but cheap enough

SerenaJ
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:08 pm 
Gold Member Offline

Hi Brucey, Patrick

Many thanks for all of this info :thumbleft:

Yes, the Aus seller doesn't sell abroad, but it's good to know what the brass bits are for.

The eBay item Brucey's pointed out gives parts numbers for both the 2.0 (KF4015200) and the 1.5 (BPL715200) rads, and specifically says the rad being offered (which in the schematic looks like a 1.5 rad) is compatible with both; obviously it isn't :?

This is the issue I'm having all over the place, people are trying to sell me a 1.5 rad which isn't compatible.

In fact I've just called a rad place in Wales, who have investigated and confirmed that 2.0 rads are no longer being made - so my only option (in UK, at least) is re-coring, or building from scratch.

Brucey, out of interest did you have anywhere in mind to get the re-core done? As I'm now trying to suss out somewhere reliable where I can get that done, if I can't source new in Europe or elsewhere either. Cheers.

S

maZZda
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:47 pm 

Do you consider a second hand rad, or that is not an option for you?

I will try to source one new here in my country, or a second hand if you're interested.. :)

brucey76
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:19 pm 

there's a place in newcastle upon tyne, and another in stockton. I never got around to it as I had a spare. If this weather ever stops I'll check the dimmensions of the v6 rad against the ebay listing. When I was looking up alternate part no's for the rad The one listed is for the v6 but without air con. which makes me wonder is it slightly thicker as the air con rad sits in front of it. My air con was removed before I got the car, which in all honesty saved me the job of removing it.

brucey76
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:21 pm 

https://www.adrad.co.uk/ that was the rad place in the toon I was gonna try