It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:08 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Squidy
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:11 pm 

Just throwing this out there for those who have done the KLZE swap in their V6 as I am a bit of a novice at this.. so I'm hoping to get a few pointers...

I've got the curved neck inlet manifold, on the ZE and need to figure out where the plumbing goes and a few vacuum lines too. Does anyone have any good diagrams or pics of how its all goes together?

Pic for attention.. but I will upload more as I go along :)

brucey76
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:32 pm 

best thing to do is really take notice of your kf plumbing. the majority is there or thereabouts on the ze. Only major difference on my straight neck one was the pipe to the brake servo, and the water to the idle air valve on the throttle body. top tip is fuel line, mark the one that attaches to the pressure regulator. Took me a week to find that after i mixed them up. I do have a xedos 9 with the same intake as you have in the pic so if you get stuck just ask

brucey76
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:55 pm 

Also a big difference on the engine block itself is where the intermediate drive shaft attaches. 2 bolts hold it on. one hole is different to the kf. test fit and see while the engine is out and you will see what i mean. one bolt is enough but better safe than sorry. simply put a bit tipex or paint around the hole that is different and line up the shaft. this will mark the missing hole on the shaft bracket and enable you to drill to match the block. 1000 times easier to do while its out. Oh and just for good measure upgrade the exhaust, there are a lot more horses needing to breathe. I very nearly killed mine by using the zxi standard one and now I'm running 2.5" pipe the difference is unreal

lantisv62500
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:44 pm 

Hi Brucey,
Was hunting for info on drive shafts and found this from you.
Did you find the right bracket.
I found the correct bracket on a 1996 Ford Telstar V6 Radisich which was a special they made for NZ to celebrate Paul Radisich the Race Driver in BTCCC.
That allowed me to bolt up all three bolts.
Before that I had run with the Lantis bracket and one blot for 18yrs :-)
Thanks
Craig

brucey76
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:26 pm 

no. i just used my original. I have plans when i next remove the engine or drive shafts to drill the 2nd hole but upto now its never moved. If I'd known about it before i'd swapped I'd have done it then