It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:23 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

MadazInBris
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:18 am 

Location: Brisbane QLD Australia '96 BA x 3 BG's '02 Opel & a Patridge in a Pear tree..

EOFI sales going on here, stop me before I shop again !!! :lol:
Pic number 1, all for $160 AUD :shock:
Itty bitty jack when ya can't be bothered pulling the 2 tonner out...
More car stands because now have 4 cars lol
Fibre glass kit just for playing with :roll:

Pic 2, brand new but used Arc welder for 'tack work'
when you can't be stuffed hauling out the MIG ;)
$65 off our Gumtree :D

maZZda
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:05 pm 

Today i recieve this little guy:

I will try to make from it an electrical system which will engage the VRIS system..
at a point that i want ofcourse.. 8)

maZZda
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:24 pm 

Not really for the car, but for fitting my bike on the car. :D
I just purchase one bike carrier wich is number 1 in my eyes!
Ivtec w-grip. It's Bulgarian product and the inventor lives 1km from my home.
He personally delivered it to my door.I'm really happy right now.
Now my Girlfriend can do shuttles for me... 8) 8) If someone didn't understood the last sentence here is the translation: my Gf can get me up the mountain when i ride my bike down.
Looking for a friend with biger car or luggage compartment - no more! :D :D
Just look how big is the package of the carrier compared to my laptop: :D :D :shock:

For people (Zippy ;) )who are interested in the matter:
http://en.ivtec.bike/product/roof-mount ... ec-w-grip/

:blob2: :blob3: :blob4: :blob5: :blob6: :blob7: :blob8: :blob2: :blob3: :blob4: :blob5: :blob6: :blob7: :blob8: :blob2: :blob3: :blob4: :blob5: :blob6: :blob7: :blob8:

Zippy
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:42 pm 

Hmm, an upside down bike carrier - smart! It does limit the number of bikes you can get on the roof though. :blackeye:

I've just removed loads of interior to fit bikes in. :badgrin:

Van-car by Chris Reeves, on Flickr

(More trim removed now!)

maZZda
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:06 pm 

Zippy wrote:
Hmm, an upside down bike carrier - smart! It does limit the number of bikes you can get on the roof though.

You could fit 4 bikes on the roof of the car with these carriers(4 carriers) you just need to change position on the handllebar attachment. You don't need to remove any interior and dismantle any parts of the bike(s).Practical and idiot proof.Anyone can fix and use it.
Carrying more than 4 bikes is too much weight for the car.(our downhill bikes are aprox. 17-19kg) my bike is 22kg :shock: :shock:
So i think for bad weather conditions the roof carrier is the best. no mud dirt and other nasty stuff inside the car..
Also the bikes cannot get scratched, you cannot say that when you try to put 4 bikes inside the car..
;)

Zippy
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:37 pm 

maZZda wrote:
Also the bikes cannot get scratched, you cannot say that when you try to put 4 bikes inside the car..
;)

True that. However, my two main reasons for preferring them inside the car than out generally is not subjecting them to outside debris / driving rain at 90mph+ and when you stop, they don't get pinched. ;)

Horses for courses, all depends on whatcha doing! :)

pitrack_1
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:40 pm 

Hi Chris (Zippy) and Mazzda,

long-time bike carrier myself- but of Chris' type (i.e. inside the car) for the same reasons (security, protection from the elements, etc). If I take the front wheel off I find I can fit my hardtail in a Mazda3 BK sedan with only one seat back down, boxes of stuff around it help carry stuff and stabilise the bike. I use a tarp to protect the interior carpet/seat back.

There are carriers in Oz that fit 4 on top of the car, standing right-way-up with front/back/front/back bike alternation. There are even towbar carriers that do the same however I reckon the towbar download is excessive, you have stuff protruding beyond the rear lights and rear view obstruction.

But the main thing telling against roof carriers for me is...low undercover carparks, especially shopping centres. I've heard horror stories of people forgetting their bikes are on top and driving into the undercover carpark, causing extensive (if not terminal) bike, bike carrier and even car damage. OUCH! :pale: :shock:

maZZda
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:19 pm 

pitrack_1 wrote:
Hi Chris (Zippy) and Mazzda,

long-time bike carrier myself- but of Chris' type (i.e. inside the car) for the same reasons (security, protection from the elements, etc). If I take the front wheel off I find I can fit my hardtail in a Mazda3 BK sedan with only one seat back down, boxes of stuff around it help carry stuff and stabilise the bike. I use a tarp to protect the interior carpet/seat back.

I used my F numerious of times as bike carrier/shelter.But just imagine that my kind of riding demands another 15-20kg luggage(gear,protectors,helmet(s),instruments. etc..)So count it by 4..
And the math says 1 car for the bikes(disasembled) and gear and stuff + another one for us riders..
I ride in really muddy condition at this tyme of the year, that stress, carrying them on the roof is almoust the same as the riding conditions trought exploatation.I ride Downhill and the bike sees heavy load and stress..

pitrack_1 wrote:
There are even towbar carriers that do the same however I reckon the towbar download is excessive, you have stuff protruding beyond the rear lights and rear view obstruction.

I made my custom bike carrier for the back of the car.It's so strong that i can make push ups on it without any problems.The problem is that now i have Remus and it doesn't leave any space for the "legs" of the carrier to fit inside the tow hooks(i made the carrier to fit the tow hooks down).

Here is a picture of it's Max load: (aprox. 80kg.)

I don't even wan't to start talking about suspension stress at the rear.. :x :x
Not to mention that that way you can access the boot from the rear seats only. :roll:
Trought the wheels you can see the lights if you are right beside the car, but little at right or left and they are covered by rims and tyres.

pitrack_1 wrote:
But the main thing telling against roof carriers for me is...low undercover carparks, especially shopping centres. I've heard horror stories of people forgetting their bikes are on top and driving into the undercover carpark, causing extensive (if not terminal) bike, bike carrier and even car damage. OUCH! :pale: :shock:

You're right, but that isn't the case with the upside-down bike position as the front wheel can spin freely and the suspension fork can do it's travel if you hit the ceiling or something hanging of the ceiling the wheel and fork could react and can reduce any damage to 0(that is if you're not going with speed above 5-10km/h) Talking about underground parking spaces.
If you hit hard enough something could happen but it has to be direct hit infront of the wheel..
Another way to avoid such a horror is to take down the front wheel of the bike.Assuring lower height of the car.
And the last thing to say, i don't go with my bike at the mall to shop.. i go at the mountain to ride.. :lol: :lol:

Zippy
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:34 pm 

Here's some of my bike carrying exploits I've been involved with (my bike is featured in all these photos!).

bikes_on1 by Chris Reeves, on Flickr

<£1k of car, >£4.5k of bikes on the roof!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bikes_on2 by Chris Reeves, on Flickr

£3.5k of bikes on my now worthless 323 Image

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bikes_on3 by Chris Reeves, on Flickr

Just a plain loaded Saxo, it struggled to hit 70mph!! There was 3 people inside that, + a bike each and associated camping kit Image

maZZda
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:27 pm 

I like the bikes on all the pics, but for the car/s only on the second one! :D
I'm not very into French automotives.In fact i hate them, back in time when i was working into my uncle's garage, the French cars often were a nightmare to be serviced(they still are).
I bet that your bike is involved, otherwise why you will keep the pics :lol:
Sweet memories, that's why..
I hope you have much more! Happy Holidays!

SerenaJ
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:02 pm 
Gold Member Offline

My Car: '97 GXi - 'Sundance'

New springs ... NOT lowering springs, so you have all failed miserably in your masterplan to get Sundance lowered :lol:

Rear ARB bushes ordered also. Looking for good price shocks now. Maybe top mounts if I can find any.

S

NOT lowered and staying that way!

Maintenance thread here << will restore images in August

Lerch
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:17 pm 
Moderator Offline

My Car: Vulcan

SerenaJ wrote:
New springs ... NOT lowering springs, so you have all failed miserably in your masterplan to get Sundance lowered :lol:

Rear ARB bushes ordered also. Looking for good price shocks now. Maybe top mounts if I can find any.

S

Shocks, springs, top mounts........just get coilovers and leave them high Serena ;) By High I mean -90mm :)

Profile Facebook  

SerenaJ
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:39 pm 
Gold Member Offline

Lerch wrote:
Shocks, springs, top mounts........just get coilovers and leave them high Serena ;) By High I mean -90mm :)

:p ... is about all I can say to that :D

Standard shocks bought from German supplier with free delivery for the ridiculous price of £30 each, saving me over £160 :shock: (thanks to Hughie for spotting those)

S

SerenaJ
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:16 pm 
Gold Member Offline

SHOCKS! 8)

3 days delivery from Germany, and then another week to get them off bl**dy Parcelforce (a saga I'll not bore you with).

And they came with a signed and stamped 2yr warranty :D

S

Lerch
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:51 am 
Moderator Offline

My Car: Vulcan

no coilovers?!.......BOOOO! :lol:

Profile Facebook  

maZZda
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:29 pm 

Today with two of my friends i managed to get my hands on ZXI rear axle.
Here's a pic of it.

I will try to dissasamble the hub cariers from it because the bushings are shot dead.
And will have to refurb the calipers,clear the hub carrier from rust and stuff, handbrake cables relube and attach new brake hoses.. a lot of work needed.. after that will be time to swap things and get the rear disks to measure and fit with my old 4x100 hubs..
And here is where i get the axle..

That's me under the car, removing the exhaust pipe.. :lol:

we removed the front axle with the engine still on :lol: :lol:

Unmarrying the car :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

Does someone need ZXI that doesn't touch the oil?
It's a RHD! :D

Edit: also got a mid section exhaust(v6), and the underhood cover from it. :D

maZZda
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:43 pm 

Yesterday actually but still:

New jack as the OEM tried to trow the car away :lol: :lol:

It's a "stance" jack and the lowest position is 68mm infront,wich makes it easy to jack up some really lowered cars..

It has 360 degree free rotation of the handlebar so you can pump from any direction wich is nice..
It's wider than standart jacks from it's kind and more stable..
and it's mine he he :lol:

andym323
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:41 pm 
Club Secretary Offline

My Car: Meanie

Today I ordered both handbrake cables for the V6, £26 for one side and £47 for the other, from the same manufacturer!! How weird is that :?

May all your F'ing dreams come true! (lottery won and a miracle wouldn't go amiss!!!)

I got hooooooles, they're multiplying :(

And nice shiny new V6 to play with